Types of digital marketing.
What are the eight types of digital marketing, and which one best fits your business?
BY Nariman Azzam – Content Dream Team.
Digital marketing is a beast. Which platforms best fit your business? What do SEO and PPC mean? Where do you even begin? When it comes to choosing, the questions will usually be: why do you want to use digital marketing in the first place? Who are you trying to reach with your marketing strategies? Learning the types of digital marketing will help you choose the perfect formats that allow you to achieve your goals.
In the past few years, digital marketing and social media transformed the world of marketing. Businesses no longer rely on radio ads, print ads, and billboards to reach their target audience through social media, content, email, and many other digital marketing types. In constant global lockdowns and quarantines, people prefer to shop online, making digital marketing a crucial part of any business. This article will discuss the eight types of digital marketing that help companies promote their services and products.
- Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most comfortable and most effective types of digital marketing, as it reaches audiences of customers and buyers. Many businesses send out daily emails to their customers and contacts, with more billion emails sent and received around the world each day.
- It allows businesses to update their clients on new services and promotions.
- They can feel more connected and personal than other digital marketing types because customers appreciate regular updates sent to their inboxes rather than traditional advertising.
- Emails are the right balance for customers, as text messages and phone calls are usually annoying.
- When online users become buyers, they can be grouped into categories with other buyers that share similar interests, where emails can be customized to each segment of buyers.
- SEO Marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) marketing is another important and valuable type of digital marketing to promote a service or product. SEO is a process to optimize a site and the content to establish higher visibility in search engine results.
- SEO optimizes audience with organic search results.
- SEO provides traffic to related websites with specific keywords.
- SEO helps to maintain an online presence.
- Social Media Marketing
More than 3.8 billion people have been using social media since 2017, with a massive increase from 2019. Considering the audience’s growth and size, it is not surprising that social media partnered with famous influencers for marketing purposes. It has become one of the fastest-growing types of digital marketing. In recent years, social channels became more notable as more businesses advertise their products and services on social media platforms.
Many companies recognized that online users respond to services and products when promoted by their peers or people they admire. Usually, businesses offer personalities with large numbers of followers with discounted or free products.
- Many people are active on social media platforms, and marketing can reach massive audiences.
- Customers can directly contact social media managers to question sales, services, and promotions.
- Businesses can engage with social media users through direct messages.
- Content Marketing
Content marketing focuses on using written and visual communication, including blog posts to videos, to memes to promote a business or a service or product. Content can be anything that is posted online from platforms to websites. Understanding the target audience is the most crucial part of content marketing.
- Audience engaging.
- They are drawing clients by anticipating their needs.
- Maintains relationships with customers.
- Promote products and services.
- PPC Marketing
Pay-per-click marketing is a digital marketing type that is used to promote a service or product. PPC marketing is the opposite of SEO, as SEO marketing is unpaid, and businesses pay for search engines to advertise their products.
- PPC marketing generates much revenue with high ROI.
- It benefits all customers to find the perfect product where businesses sell their products and search engines profit.
- Affiliate Marketing
This marketing type includes individuals who are not working as full-timers who earn a certain sales commission percentage. These differ from social media marketing, where they’re paid on conversion rates. Marketers in this field choose products that they can sell and promote them online. Then they make a small profit from the products that they sell for a company.
- It benefits businesses because they make a profit from the product.
- It can determine the number of working hours.
- Businesses can also work with other companies as affiliates where companies can promote each other’s services and products to earn profit from them.
- Mobile Device Marketing
Mobile device marketing allows businesses to reach out to customers versus smartphones, iPads, tablets, and other devices. It can comprise location-specific notifications and push alerts.
- It helps local businesses engage with their customers and bring them into physical stores.
- Benefits businesses that offer services over products such as push notifications.
- Instant Messaging Marketing
This digital marketing type allows businesses to reach out to potential customers through SMS text messages, Instagram direct messages, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. This helps establish a contact list of customers.
- One of the benefits of message marketing is that it provides businesses with coupons, sales, and new product promotions.
- It is more likely to quickly skim through a text message than pick up a call from an unknown number.
In the online world, digital marketing became a unique aspect in businesses where companies consider it a way to reach out and engage with people and customers. From influencers to SEO to affiliates, it is essential to learn how digital marketing can shape your business.